Wednesday, March 21, 2012

The Uninvited - Poster

I have looked at 'The Uninvited' poster. I really like this poster, I find it so engaging with the audience. The harsh black and white really accentuate the silhouette. The position of the silhouette suggest the eerie nature of the character and the peering in really does appear frightening. The fact that the body language is encroaching on the audience in a threatening manner but we cannot see (what we assume is a her) face and therefore not her emotion which is scary tot he audience. I really like the woods in the background which again as I have looked at before give the impression of isolation from society.

Another thing that I really find in increasing the genre and hype about the film, is the font type. The scrawling handwritten text looks child like and a classic horror font, which I feel works really well with the image and therefore adds to the tension and overall feel of the film.

By putting the audience in the situation, you really get a sense for what the film is about and therefore this makes the audience want to go and see the rest of the film

No comments:

Post a Comment