Sunday, April 1, 2012

Magazine/Poster - Font Ideas

I have made some prototypes of what we could possibly use for our font for our film poster.

 
  • Below I have chosen a white background with black writing, which symbolises the genre of our film, horror. We chose these colours so they will attract in the attention of the audience/reader. I have chosen an italic font that will give an edgy feel to the audience, and is very easy to read. I have made the capital letters for 'L' and 'H' extra big to give an idea to the audience what our film may be about. I have also added 'Never trust a stranger...' underneath 'Love Hurts' to also represent what our film is about. This is an intertitle wherebywe added this into our film trailer, we thought this could work well on the front of our film poster.





  • Above I have added another idea that we have come up with. This would be placed at the bottom of the poster. It is in a similar font to the font I have chosen above, which also represents the genre of our film which helps build continuity and recognizability. This time I have used a black/grey background with white writing, which I think works well. I have kept the writing in capital letters and in italic writing 'COMING SOON', we thought this might work well at the bottom of the poster, to represent that the film will be coming soon, therefore it does not give away which day or month, leaving the audience intrigued. The dark background really accentuates the 'COMING SOON'. What we thought would work well, is if we used information about the film in small writing which you can hardly see underneath the 'COMING SOON' title, to make our poster look more realistic, the writing is also kept the same in white to stand out against the dark background.






  • Above is the 'EMPIRE' logo which we will use for our film magazine. I will erase the black background behind the red writing to make it look more effective. I am glad that my group and I chose to go with EMPIRE, as I think the red writing will fit in well with the dark background that we are going to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment